NEWS, COMMUNITY, RECREATION, FRIENDS & FAMILY | MUSWELLBROOK, SINGLETON & SURROUNDS

June 22, 2024 3:31 AM

Positive Vibes Following Talks with Health Minister

SHARE THE STORY:

Around 40 staff and residents took part in a rally outside Muswellbrook Hospital to show their distress at the revision of stage 3 construction works due to allocated funding no longer being enough to cover original plans.

BY JEM ANSHAW

The Muswellbrook branch of the Nurses and Midwives Association are feeling optimistic about the future of the Hospital after some meetings in Sydney last week.

Last Monday planned industrial action was downgraded to a rally when Minister for Health Ryan Park promised to meet with them to discuss their concerns about the revised stage three of the development.

“We met with the chief of staff for Ryan Park, a representative from the treasurers office and health infrastructure,” union representative Peggy Smith said.

“The heath infrastructure team is on our side and agreed that we cannot risk future non-compliance of our theatre and CSSD, and has pledged $100,000 of New South Wales Health funding for new equipment and will assist in maintaining compliance until we have the budget to start the new theatre build.”

They have also agreed that the current plan is flawed and not future proof, with the design team being given two weeks to come back with a more suitable design that flows better.

Peggy also shared that their concerns will be taken back to the health minister and treasurer to advocate for more funding.

The Union have also been told another community information session will be held to keep residents up to date, and provide an opportunity to give feedback on it, details of which we will share when made available.

SHARE THE STORY: