Junior Athletes Return From Sydney
Singleton Track and Field Club’s Angela Penton could not be prouder of her returning athletes.
Athletes normally gain entry to the State Championships through a Zone & Regional Carnival process to qualify for State. This year has seen the U9-U12 Athletes attending a State Qualifying round at the Maitland Regional Athletics Centre and the U13-U17 Athletes gaining entry through a qualification submission process. We were really excited to see our Athletes gaining qualifications this year, especially with the impact that COVID has had on all our athletes & families. It has shown just how resilient and determined our athletes are.
The State Championships are such a fabulous opportunity for our athletes to be rewarded for their hard work. We are always excited to see them compete as a club, but most of all love watching them support each other, their sportsmanship on the track & field, love for sport and making friends from so many different places! This year the State Championships were spilt over 2 weekends, with the U9-U12’s competing in torrential rain, and the U13-U17’s with a weekend of perfect weather!
Amazing results from Seren Hall who is a T38 Classified, Multi-Class athlete. Seren has been breaking barriers for “All Ability” athletes in the Hunter Region, and has become an inspiring role model for young females in the Hunter Area. This year was also Sanjay Squires first State Championships and he came home with fabulous results including a Bronze Medal in the High Jump! Ethan Williams has also been working extremely hard and came home with a Bronze in the 90m Hurdles. We had a fabulous mix of sprinters, hurdlers, high jumpers, long jumpers & triple jumpers that competed.
State Littles Championships U9-U12 20th & 21st March 2021 – Sydney Olympic Park
Xavier Hicks – U10 Boys 200m 15th 30.70sec
Ryan Penton – U11 Boys Triple Jump 18th 8m
Oliver McGarity – U12 Boys 400m 1:08:51sec
Youth State Championships 27th & 28th March 2021 Sydney Olympic Park
- U14 Boys 90m Hurdles Bronze 13.67sec
- U14 Boys Tripe jump 8th 10.94m
- U13 Boys High jump Bronze 1.59cm
- U13 Boys 100m 5th 12.55 Sec
- U13 Boys 200m 9th 26.17sec
- U13 Boys Long Jump 11th 4.84m
- U13/U14 Girls Multi-Class Long Jump Silver 3.17m
- U13/U14 Girls Multi-Class 100m Bronze 15.11sec
- U13/U14 Girls Multi-Class 200m Bronze 31.99sec
- U17 Boys Long Jump 11th 5.83m
- U17 Boys 300m Hurdles 6th 40.91sec
- U17 Boys 110m Hurdles 3rd in Heat 15.11sec
- U13 Boys High Jump 9th 1.50m
- U13 Boys Long Jump 16th 4.71m
Australian Track & Field Championships 12th -19th April 2021 Sydney Olympic Park
- U17 Mens 110m Hurdles 4th 14.46sec
- U17 Mens 100m 6th in Heat 11.41sec
- U17 Mens 400m Hurdles 5th 58.55sec